Experienced Licensed Diesel Mechanic or 3rd/4th year Apprentice
Steed and Evans Limited is looking to expand our team. We are seeking an experienced professional Licensed Diesel Mechanic 3rdor 4th year apprentices who have the skills and ability to trouble shoot, maintain, repair and perform fabrications on a wide variety of small engines, heavy equipment and vehicles
A career at Steed and Evans also offers the chance to work on our large diverse fleet of new/late model equipment. An ideal applicant will be a team player, and have great customer service skills. The successful candidate will be provided with on-going training, year-round employment, top wages, benefits.
- Licensed Mechanic or apprentices
- Valid G or higher Driver’s License
- Experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of both gasoline and diesel type engines, hydraulics, electrical diagnostics and repairs and preform safeties in accordance with the MTO regulations.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and successfully repair equipment
- Ability to MIG and Stick Weld
- Ability to communicate both verbally written and electronically
- Ability to maintain, organized work/repairs assigned
- Repair, maintain small and large equipment, light and heavy trucks
- Preform safety inspection
- Work effectively & cooperatively with fellow employees
- Perform P/M inspections
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Complete all maintenance and repair activities in a safe and healthy manner according to Company policies and procedures