- Full time
Responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Manager will be the point of contact for Foreman, clients, suppliers and management for their given projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review projects with Estimator to determine scope of job specifications prior to scheduling.
- Maintain knowledge of man power available at all times. Co-ordinate crews effectively throughout the project.
- Delegate projects appropriately to Foremen.
- Decipher construction drawings/specifications and develop a plan with Foreman to bring project completion.
- Contact subcontractors required for completion of any project and co-ordinate their activity prior to work commencing.
- Contact suppliers to determine lead time on any special materials that may be required.
- Notify Materials Division of project start times and special materials that may be required, including volumes.
- Assist with materials ordering, i.e., Sewer pipe and structures.
- Assist Estimating Department as required.
- Verify quantity of materials received via payment certificates and sign-off on Progress Payment Certificates (PPC).
- Ensure utility locates and permits are completed and on-site prior to work commencing.
- Maintain knowledge and progress of sub-contractors working under the project.
- Prepare progress invoices throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure that extra items beyond the original estimate are tracked and invoiced appropriately.
- Plan equipment requirements and ensure availability at the required time in the project. Determine whether additional equipment is required to be rented and manage the duration for costing purposes.
- Atten pre-construction and progress meetings.
- Regularly liaison with owner/consultant or general contractor throughout the duration of the project.
- Monitor daily production requirements and quality control are achieved.
- Regularly communicate with Foreman and crews regarding scope and progress of work.
- Report any concerns/trends occurring in project that be critical to the organization’s financial performance or corporate image to the Division Manager.
- Ensure company safety, Ministry of Labour and COR requirements are met.
- Monitor cost throughout the project to ensure that budget is met.
- Prepare and report project budget and forecast regularly to the Division Manager throughout the project.
- Work with other Project Managers to allocate equipment, materials and labour to ensure overall projects schedules are met.
- Ensure that sub-contractors are paid when required either through sub-contractor PPC or invoice.
- At the completion of the project verify quantities to ensure invoicing can be completed appropriately.
- Ensure that all rental equipment is returned.
- Prepare post construction documents including built drawings, warranty letters and documents for release of holdback.
- Attend industry events and represent Steed and Evans in a professional and competent manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Recognized post-secondary diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and process documents.
- Knowledge of sewer, asphalt, concrete, grading operations required.
- Computer skills.
- Verbal/written/reporting skills.
- Human relation skills.
- Ability to show respect and professionalism in all situations.
- Strong verbal and effective written communication skills.
- Competent to read, interpret and implement construction drawings.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions with regards to weather and materials.
- Ability to train, monitor, mentor and develop the skills of subordinate staff.
- Strong supervisory skills, including the abilities to schedule and manage workloads, and to direct and offer hands-on support to a team in the achievement of performance objectives.
- Solid decision-making skills, including the ability to address unexpected issues in short timeframes (e.g., equipment failures, last-minute changes to client needs, etc.) and understand the impact of one’s decisions on multiple stakeholders.
- Good problem-solving skills, including the ability to employ judgement and past experience to determine the best solutions amongst several alternatives.
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with the utmost discretion.
Thank you for your interest in Steed and Evans Limited. If you wish to apply online now, please click the link below.